Monday, May 24, 2010

Video of The Day: Being fat is illegal in Japan

I was browsing around youtube when suddenly, I found this video.



Facts about the video:
Employees who are over the age of forty must have a waist size of 33" for man and 35" for woman.
The consequences if a company fail to achieve this, billion dollar penalty.

Now this is something new to me.
Interesting. Imagine if Malaysia did this with a different waistline.
Most probably, food like Nasi Lemak, Chicken Curry, Rendang etc are banned.
That will cause some havoc in Malaysia, don't you think?

If you ask me, I think this is great because it is a way to reduce obesity among adults in Japan.
Maybe to some of you, 33" is hard to achieve but it's average for people in Japan.

Japanese normal dishes: Vegetable, Miso soup and some fishes Total calorie count = 600

McDonald Big Mac set:

Big mac, large fries and coke
Total calorie count = 1 300

That's a huge difference.
No wonder the Japan government make it illegal to be fat in Japan.
It does brings a good lesson.

Maybe Malaysia can do something like this.
Like this campaign Nestle did last Saturday.
They were promoting Breakfast cereals and Fitness cereals by making promotions
Then there was these counters where anyone age 21 and above can check their body mass and the percentage of fat in their body to see whether they are healthy or not.
I did this test and my body mass is 23.6 and the ideal body is scale of 18 - 25.
Even though I have an ideal body but my percentage of fat is quite high and I need to loss that excess fat.
This campaign is good because it promotes good health and let people know the percentage of fat in the body.
They even give advices and pamphlets for good health.
While the adults get to check their body mass, the children get to play Wii there.
That's what I call good promotion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...